Support Forum

Login with:

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
**Please check the User Guide page for an answer before posting!**

TOPIC: ICS Compatibility

Re: ICS Compatibility 2 years, 6 months ago #1373

grooves12 wrote:
Grey does NOT indicate no signal... it indicates no connection to Google's servers. Generally, if you open a google app (gmail, etc.) it will take a second or two and then lock on blue.

Im sorry if i cant explain correct but mine has never been blue on xperia ray, it is white and it shows signalstrength and have always done and does now as well if i dont use GP, it has nothing to do if i am connected to google services or not. It is white stripes over grey, so only grey means no signal in my phone.

like this one
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/63616758.jpg/

and the specs says signal strength indicator
www.cellphones.ca/cell-phones/sony-ericsson-st18i/specs/
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Szigeti.
The topic has been locked.

Re: ICS Compatibility 2 years, 5 months ago #1423

I believe there may be an incompatibility with ICS. I experienced the following problem on my Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) both on CM9/4.0.4 as well as stock-Samsung ICS 4.0.3:

Greenpower premium seems to work fine, however once I switch off WIFI (either through notification area toggle or through system settings on/off switch), it is impossible to turn WIFI back on. The toggle in the notification area can be turned on and off, but WIFI stays off once turned off. In system settings, the little on/off slider is greyed out and cannot be turned back on.
Rebooting the devices resolves this.

This behaviour is there, even when Greenpower premium does not manage WIFI and (apparently - not 100% sure) even when it has not been started at boot.

However, after much searching I found a post in another forum of another Greenpower user with the same issue, so I tried uninstalling Greenpower which resolved the issue.

Do let me know if there is anything I can do to help trace down the problem and resolve it.

Re: ICS Compatibility 2 years, 5 months ago #1424

I also used to have connectivity issues between the phone and car radio via bluetooth when streaming media - it would have difficulty connecting as well as often stop / restart by itself. These also seem to have disappeared after I uninstalled Greenpower. Strange...?

Re: ICS Compatibility 2 years, 5 months ago #1425

Please ignore my posts - it looked like a connection, even seemed plausible, but after some more time, the WIFI problem is back, even without Greenpower on the device. Will have to do some more testing. Sorry.

Re: ICS Compatibility 2 years, 5 months ago #1513

Hello
Galaxy S2 ICS
Greenpower was working perfectly with gingerbread.
since under ICS I have, I think, 3 problems when I working with the wifi hotspot
1. The data is cut after a while when the screen is off, difficult to determine as the screen is off but, as set to reactivate the data on screen unlock, when I turn the phone on without unlocking, I can see the data icon is not there any longer in the notification bar.
And I have no connection.
2. when I unlock the screen, it desactivates the hotspot and reactivate the data connection, 2g/3g and wifi if available.
3. maybe linked to above, when I switch hotspot on it desactivate the wifi, and when I activate the wifi it desactivate the hotspot.

All in day mode.

Re: ICS Compatibility 2 years, 4 months ago #1525

• Bo
  • ~personal~
Hello,
I have the WiFi problem too, when GP manages WiFi after unlock the connection works but the signal strength just shows a white dot, rest stays grey (normal = white) after an lock and again an unlock off the screen, the signal strength is shown correct. The problem is some programs first check the signal state and wont use the connection so I have to unlock, lock and unlock again to be able to use som apps. When I let ICS manage the WiFi everything works fine. The first unlock isn't detected correctly by GP. Please fix this.

HTC Sensation ze with stock ICS (4.0.3)
HTC Sensation XE with ICS 4.0.3
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds